Monday, July 11, 2016

More Adventures on the Road

For those who can remember I Love Lucy, we had one of those zany incidents that rivaled all the crazy things that occurred to Lucy.  As we were traveling I made a gentle turn and all of a sudden I heard Bettie shout, "Oh no.....".  The traveling latch on the refrigerator failed.
The freezer and refrigerator doors opened, and all the contents began to spill out on the floor.  Of course I was driving and couldn't help.  Bettie was on her hands and knees gathering all that she could.  She was chasing ice cubes as they slid everywhere.  But the topper was when the beer bottle fell.  It didn't break, but it began to spray beer in the coach.  Ah, yes, the fun of traveling in a motorhome.

Today, while driving through Wyoming, we had another exciting incident.  As we were going east on I-90 I saw something on the side of the road.  All of a sudden a pheasant with at least 8 tiny chicks began to cross the interstate. I immediately began to honk my horn, but they just stopped in the middle of my lane and looked at me.  A truck was on my left so stood on the brakes and got slowed down to 15 mph. and didn't hit any of them.  It's time for another beer.